Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wedges: Comfort & Glam


Heels are truly a definition of glamour and elegance, but the truth is I can’t possibly last a whole day in them. So why torture myself a whole day when I am running around trying to work, run errands, and still look cute?  I ADORE heels, but I can only last so many hours before my feet start crying for help. Wedges are the modern solution to this problem; they are comfortable, and still spice up an outfit to make it glamorous and elegant (and who wouldn’t want that).
The importance of being comfortable in our everyday lives comes from the need of being efficient. I personally find it poorly efficient to run around my job in heels,  and not to mention I won’t even consider it as an option as I walk through campus. I want the ability to be comfortable, without sacrificing the beauty of a good pair of high-heeled shoes.
The best part about wedges right now is that every single designer, brand, and store, seems to be carrying them. They are currently in high demand as trendy items and you can practically find them in any color and height. Also, the new idea of the thicker the heel, the better, has become a sensation creating beau shoes that are a happy medium between a heel and a wedge.
So next time you buy a pair of shoes, which I assure you will be soon, remember that comfort is a must but that elegance is even more important. It is the perfect time to stack up on a couple wedges from neutral-colored, to printed. You can never have too many shoes, right?

 

 

 
 
 Above: Stevemadden.com, nordstrom.com, saksfifthavenue.com, vincecamuto.com, jeffreycampbellshoes.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment